Photo by Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images
NEW YORK FASHION WEEK – kicked off with the glamorous amfAR Gala at Cipriani Wall Street, sponsored by MAC Viva Glam. The event was attended by the likes of Helena Christensen, Julia Restoin-Roitfeld and Karen Elson as well as actress Rose Bryne who was sporting the latest hair trend – the full fringe.
While we look forward to seeing which beauty trends emerge from the New York Fashion Week catwalk shows, expect to see the full fringe continue to make an impact off the catwalk as trendsetters on the street gain inspiration from everyone from Sandra Bullock to Kate Moss, Daisy Lowe and Edie Campbell, who currently rock the look.
If you’re thinking about going for the chop here’s some expert advice from the team at Hari’s King’s Road salon (www.harissalon.com) who also offer a bespoke Fringe Masterclass service:
– Make sure your hairdresser checks the type of hair you have and the hairline – if you have a cowslick, for example, the fringe will not sit correctly.
– Have your hairdresser show what you would look like if you had a fringe before you go for the cut using a clip-in fringe.
– Make sure you know what type of fringe you want – sloped, rounded etc – there are many different types.
– Ask your hairdresser to cut only a little bit at a time and work their way up to a short fringe – once cut, there’s no turning back.
– For more impact try adding a few foils to lighten and add interest to your new fringe.
Summary: Rose was resplendent as she glided gown the red carpet wearing a Ralph Lauren Collection soft pink silk crepe haltered gown which she accessorized with Ralph Lauren Fine jewelry.
I love this new hairstyle with the pretty pink gown. It’s a very interesting contrast of edgy meets sweet.
A sleek updo would’ve been expected, so I appreciate that she tried something new.
Looking for that hot new hairstyle to change up your image? Or maybe you’re seeking a new look especially for Valentine’s Day weekend? Well take a look to the red carpet and get inspiration from the likes of Sandra Bullock, Leona Lewis and Rose Byrne.